Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Reading II - M.U.S.I.C. article

Another reading I completed for this week's class was Dr. Henry's article, "Enhancing Creativity with M.U.S.I.C.", based on the five areas he discovered that are integral to creative activity. I was especially glad for the practical suggestions to teachers for how to use the model, for how to foster and enhance creativity in the classroom and within their students.

Interestingly, I often feel that much of what I read and study in the M.Ed. is not based in practical usage. It exists only in the realm of theoretical constructs, or most discouragingly, as simply unfavorable critique of current structures and systems. It was refreshing to have an academic article that addressed an issue in a more head-on and practical way, while still having its basic underpinnings in educational theory and forward momentum.